Traveling when trying to lose baby-weight or keeping the family healthy can be tricky. But airlines are slowly cluing in to the fact that an increasing number of passengers seek yummy, heart-healthy foods.
Virgin America and Air Canada tend to offer the most health conscious options (with veggie sticks and pretzels with hummus on their in-flight menus) according to most research.
Here’s a list of some suggested waist-friendly menu items on varying airlines:
- United: Tapas Snack Box (sea-salt, lentil crackers, cheese spread, bruschetta)
- Virgin America: Protein Platter (hard-boiled egg, smoked gouda and pepper jack cheeses, and grapes)
- Air Canada: Veggies & Dip or gluten free crackers with swiss cheese cubes, fresh chicken or veggie wrap
- Porter Airlines: Terra Chips, Kind Bars
- Delta Airlines: Luvo Quinoa Crunch Wrap Snack Box (vegetables, quinoa, and rice salad in a spinach flaxseed tortilla)
- Alaska: Mediterranean Tapas Picnic Pack (multi-grain chips, almonds, apricots and dark chocolate)
- Jet Blue: Shape Up Box (organic crackers, olives and raisins)
Let us know what your favorite snacks are when traveling with your family!
Sources: Women’s Health Magazine, April 2015, Pg. 34; Women’s Health Magazine Dec 2014, USA Today Feb 3, 2015, Charles Platkin, Editor od dietdectective.com