There’s a reason Seuss Landing (Islands of Adventure, Universal Orlando) receives a 5-star rating on tripadvisor.com — it’s irrefutably one of the most perfect places I’ve ever been to for toddlers and kids.
We decided to dedicate a page specifically toward describing our experience here so other families looking for toddler-friendly, family-friendly attractions feel confident choosing this park.
Reasons to plan a trip to Seuss Landing:
- The entire area is visually stimulating and somewhat segregated from the rest of the park. Even the youngest visitors (infants) can enjoy this larger than life, interactive area. Whether you look up, left, or right, there’s something to see every where you turn your head. It’s incredibly eye-catching and brings back childhood memories. You clearly walk in to and out of this area (as it’s defined by the bent trees, wacky colours and circus style music) and it feels like you’ve really stepped into another world.
- Kids are encouraged to roam around and explore. This is a place for independent play. Get the toddlers out of the stroller and set them free. Certain areas are well-contained and we felt confident letting our boys go off on adventure (of course we were nearby).
3. Small, contained splash pad provides refreshment from the heat.
4. The smallest rides bring the biggest smiles to adult faces. Even our tween loved The Cat in the Hat and the Caro-Seuss-el. You can’t help but squeal in delight as larger than life characters come to life.
5. Like-minded visitors. One of the best parts of this area is that almost everyone we encountered had a similar mind-set — let your imagination soar, explore, have fun and revert to your childhood mannerisms. This isn’t the place for congregating teenagers or loud-mouthed partiers. Families and the young at heart tend to frequent this section.
If you’re planning a trip to Orlando, Florida or Universal Studios, we recommend making this nook a stop on your travels. It’s a great way to make lifelong memories as part of #myorlandostory.