We all know how precious every inch of space is, in our luggage and bags, when traveling. We’ve had a few questions from parents about what we take in a carry-on (especially on planes) so I thought I would put together our typical list.
I do want to start by saying that, as long as you have the essentials (diapers, wipes, medication, snacks, water) you really can’t go wrong. Everyone I know takes very different items, but here’s a look into our travel diaper bag.
- Antibacterial Wipes (for public surfaces, plane/train seats, meal trays, windows, arm rests, hands)
- Anything Balm by Ours (by Cheryl Hickey) (great for anything and everything needing a bit of lube, lotion and TLC — we use it on lips, to line our nostrils when boarding planes, for dry hands, baby bum lotion, rashes and more)
- Vega Protein Powder (individual packets for quick meals on the go)
- Organic baby food pouches (for anyone in need of a healthy snack — including mom and dad)
- Arnica for bumps, bruises and scrapes in transit
- Kindle (to read in any light, anywhere)
- Live Clean Travel Size Lotion & Petroleum free jelly for an all-over baby skin run down (we’re big fans of infant relaxation massages) Note: They make travel sizes in all of our fav products like shampoo/baby wash
- Mom’s One Line a Day Diary (trying to remember my most memorable moment at the end of the day doesn’t always cut it. When we’re traveling I want it on hand to jot down special moments)
- Cozy blanket (to turn our laps into a bed or to just make baby feel snuggled in stressful moments)
- Play-Doh (might seem odd but kids tire of toys very easily. With Play-Doh we can recreate different things for hours and our toddler loves it, obviously because he gets to destroy the creations instantly only to be given another new build shortly thereafter. It’s an excellent travel item)
Let us know what you like to take in our comment section or via email.