If you’re in the Greater Toronto Area and you’re looking for somewhere to take the kids (or take a break from the kids), Vaughan Mills Mall offers an attractive, festive outing.
If you’re not yet familiar with it, Vaughan Mills is essentially the first premier outlet mall in the area. You can find all of your favorite stores (and some new ones) all under one roof. It’s great this time of year because it offers that outlet experience without needing to walk outdoors, which, lets face it, in Canadian winters is a huge benefit.
Here are some tips to tackling Vaughan Mills mall:
(1) Take advantage of the valet parking. One of the most stressful starts to holiday shopping occurs with parking. Avoid it all but using the malls $10 valet service located at entry 6. The service is offered until Dec 26.
(2) Check the sale directory on the events page of the website before heading to the mall. There are some exceptional sales and/or free gifts, listed by date. You can see the stores with the best deals on the day you’re planning to shop to avoid missing out on great prices.
(3) Save on trunk space and use the stroller rental service. Single Smarte Carte strollers are available at entries 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 for a $8 fee. Double Smarte Carte strollers, which accomodate two small children, are offered at entry 1 and 3 for a $10 fee. The price is worth your sanity.
(4) Set aside some time to visit Santa’s Tiny Big Town.
Santa’s Tiny Big Town offers a one-on-one experience with Santa where your family will enjoy a magical memory for the holiday season and leave with more than just a photo.* In Santa’s Tiny Big Town, Santa’s elves have been very hard at work crafting a magical key that will help him come visit you on Christmas Eve. Each family will receive Santa’s Magical Key, which only works one special night of the year. Santa’s Elves are very excited for you to visit them at Santa’s Tiny Big Town and have an experience you will never forget! Also receive a free digital photo in front of the Selfie Station while you wait! New this year, Santa photos will be printed photo packages received instantaneously on-site.** Vaughan Mills is proud to partner with SickKids Foundation where every photo package purchased 100% of the proceeds will be donated to SickKids Foundation. Santa’s Tiny Big Town Hours: • Monday to Saturday: 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. • Sunday: 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
(5)Lock in your love for SickKids. This holiday season there’s an exciting initiative at Vaughan Mills Mall in support of SickKids Hospital. Families can purchase a padlock and attach it to a special wall with proceeds going to Sick Kids (in sport neighbourhood 4A).
From the website: A KEYPSAKE THAT KEEPS GIVING!
Each padlock purchase includes a commemorative keypsake. Wear it in recognition of your donation, or give it as the perfect holiday gift to symbolize your donation to someone special.
12 DAYS OF GIVING CONTEST
Share your Love Lock Story and you’ll have a chance to win a $200 Vaughan Mills gift card and a padlock to lock in your love at our Love Lock Wall.
All you have to do is:
1. Follow @vaughan_mills on Instagram
2. Like the Vaughan Mills 12 Days of Giving post on Instagram
3. Tag a friend
4. Comment on our Instagram post or share a video about who you will be locking in your love for
5. Winner will be announced on @vaughan_mills 12 Days of Giving post on Monday December 12th at 1:00pm and will win a $200.00 Vaughan Mills gift card and a padlock to lock in your love at our Love Lock Wall.
6. Profile must be public