Applebee’s® Grill & Bar is honored to celebrate Remembrance Day by paying tribute and saying thanks to Canada’s veterans and active duty military personnel with a complimentary meal. * On Friday, November 11, the Neighbourhood Grill & Bar will once again show its appreciation for those who protect and serve by offering a complimentary meal from a special menu. Guests are also encouraged to show their gratitude through the “Neighbours Thanking Neighbours” campaign.
Applebee’s started this tradition to thank the men and women who have kept Canada safe through military service. In the past eight years, Applebee’s has served thousands of free meals to current and former service men and women on Remembrance Day, and has served as a neighbourhood gathering place for people to share a meal with their local heroes and share their gratitude. Additionally, through the “Neighbours Thanking Neighbours” campaign, participating Applebee’s restaurants encourage guests to celebrate the sacrifices these brave men and women have made on their behalf by leaving a note of gratitude on ‘Thank You Wall Posters’ at their local Applebee’s or online on the Applebee’s Canada Facebook page. The posters will hang in participating restaurants beginning in early November for guests to leave their story or message of thanks to the members of the Canadian Forces for their past and current service. The posters will be visible to all who come to be honored on Remembrance Day.
“We are proud to once again honor Canada’s service men and women for the sacrifices they make to keep the country safe,” said Daniel del Olmo, President of International, DineEquity, Inc., the parent company of Applebee’s. “This is our opportunity to give back to the people who have given so much for us, and we can’t wait to serve them this Remembrance Day.”
Veterans and active military personnel will be able to select a free meal from a special Remembrance Day menu that features some of Applebee’s most beloved dishes, including:
- 3 Cheese Cavatapi: Corkscrew pasta, cheesy alfredo sauce, bruschetta & garlic bread
- 7 oz. Canadian Top Sirloin: Hand-cut premium steak served with red-skin garlic mashed potatoes and seasonal vegetables
- Chicken Finger Platter: Fries, slaw & choice of dipping sauce.
- Fiesta Lime Chicken: Grilled chicken, Mexi-ranch dressing, cheddar, tortilla strips, mexi-rice & pico. (Gluten-free item**)
- Bacon Cheddar Cheeseburger: Bacon, cheddar, tomato, lettuce, onion & pickle.
- Oriental Chicken Salad: Fried chicken tenders, fresh Asian greens, rice noodles, almonds with an Oriental vinaigrette. (Gluten-free when ordered without stir fry sauce and rice noodles**).
- Double Crunch Shrimp: Breaded shrimp, cocktail sauce, slaw & fries.
U.S. veterans and active military personnel in Canada are also welcome to enjoy the complimentary meal, and Applebee’s restaurants in the United States welcome Canadian veterans and military personnel to come to their local restaurant and enjoy a similar free meal on Veterans Day, which is also celebrated on November 11.
All veterans and Active Duty Canadian Forces will need to provide proof of service to receive their free meal. Qualifying proof of service includes: permanent ID card for active personnel, temporary ID card for reservists, veteran’s card or a photograph in uniform or the wearing of their uniform.
*Offer is valid for dine-in only and selections from a limited menu only during normal business hours on November 11. Traditional sides are included with the free entree. Upgraded side items or extras, beverages, desserts and gratuity are not included. Must present proof of military service.